Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Always Catching Up



{Soaring to my Wishes}

Does it feel like you're always playing "catch up" with all the things around you? Groceries, crayons, missing socks, lunch boxes, split ends, roots, bills and more bills, that blank page staring at you...

I forget the need to breathe!

This past weekend my family and I spent a wonderful day at the beach on Sunday. A friend showed me this cute little house that was for sale about 3 blocks away from the sand. And like lightening, I was struck!

"Why don't we live down here?!"

Of course it has always been it the back of my mind, but never such a clear thought. Our quality of lives would be so enriched with being able to be out in nature more, the 'relaxed' vibe that comes will beach living and the welcoming of everyone in a great neighborhood. While doing my workshop we've had assignments on 'how would you paint your life' which naturally has really gotten me contemplating everything.

So, why not? There will always be another bill to pay, another 'well maybe we should wait for [fill in blank here]', or what if we don't stay here?

I am ready for my roots to grow solid. I don't think anyone knows if they will be in one particular location for forever, but why not make the most of it?! It seems completely senseless now NOT to live at the beach when that's the biggest thing our city has to offer!

Shells, shark's teeth, endless sand between your toes, outdoor showers, BBQ's and honey glazed skin... mmmmm.

We say '~Yes!'

No comments: