Tuesday, November 10, 2009

the ANTHROPOLOGiST


{Rachael Eustace; Photographed by her father David Eustace}

I have discovered such a powerful, raw + truthful space compliments of the ANTHROPOLOGiST. Its an online showcase of a few choice artists and their process' along with present work.

I feel soooo inspired and filled by all that I have seen on here. I've been a fan of Andrew Zuckerman and his simplicity in short film making with deeply profound universal messages.

{Bright Star; Jane Campion}

I've discovered an amazing powerful woman artist in director Jane Campion. I'm really looking forward to discovering more from her.


But the artist that has touched me most is the lovely scrapbook collection of David Eustace and his daughter Rachael as they embarked on a 3 week road trip "In Search of Eustace" across the U.S. The pure essence that comes with this father + daughter relationship & their beautiful documentation of the simple act of driving is beyond memorable.



{Rachael Eustace; Photographed by David Eustace}

The quiet moments we have with our children are fast and fleeting. The beauty of this trip that they took makes me think about how fast I will watch my son grow and become a man.

I can remember a road trip my Mother once took me one. It was to visit a great Aunt of mine (more like an ex-wife of my great grandfather; so I've always called her "Aunt" for lack of labels) starting at her home in Wyoming. We saw the Grand Tetons, ate endless cookies, watched the buffalo roam in Yellowstone (where we became snowed in for 3 days; another adventure in itself). It was magical to me and something I will never forget even though I couldn't have been more that 11 or 12 years old at the time.

I look forward to adventures like that with my son + husband.

Memories that last a lifetime and the stories just get better the longer they have to marinate.

I feel refreshed after soaking up these awe-inspiring artists.

X

No comments: