Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bones of a Poet '~Yes!'


{Photography by Madelyn Mulvaney}

Could this photograph be any more captivating? I stumbled upon it over on the SouleMama blog and it was posted for an e-course hosted by Madelyn Mulvaney. After seeing this inspiring picture I had to dig deeper. Well, I dug and was immediately overwhelmed with the feeling that I had to sign up and take this course. 

It is exactly what I've been looking for. Something to jump start my creativity again and get me out of my head and back to my hands creating. The course started today and I couldn't be more excited. It's all about journaling for our inner selves along with some photography prompts to go along with the weekly assignments. 

At some moments, I feel so lost and alone. When you become a Mom your days are spent caring for everything else, except yourself. I'm the last on the list, and usually I'm too tired to even think about it. Friends who don't have kids don't understand. And slowly, the circle of people you used to be close with grows smaller and smaller. However, life does grow fuller and fuller. Watching my son grow has been one of the most delightful and unexplainable things I've ever experienced. Surprises around the corner daily and the unexpected because the new normal. However, I have moments of what feels like mourning the person I used to be. A lonely feeling. Wondering if I will ever be able to do 'me' again and find the woman I'm supposed to be now.

This workshop couldn't have come at a better time. Everyone who has introduced themselves so far, well, it seems as though we are all standing together over this precipice holding hands and waiting to jump in. I am not alone! Its affirmation, after affirmation, after affirmation that I'm exactly where I should be. That most anyone who is a mother or wears multiple hats has that same 'what happened to me?' feeling and I feel overwhelmed with gratitude that I stumbled into this amazing group being lead by an amazing artist I can't wait to explore further.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

Really looking forward to taking this class with you.. so much of what you are saying here resonates STRONG with me! YES!

Madalyn said...

Thank you Lisa! That means a lot to me.